88 chevy blazer...weird fuel injection problem??

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Fri Apr 11 22:48:46 GMT 1997

I hate to diagnose over the net, but a lady need help. If I were testing
your vehicle, the first thing I would check is the fuel pump. Wow! Not so
quick with the flame throwers fellows! What may be happening is that the
pump check valve is not holding and the pressure is leaking down during the
night. My next guess is a defective fuel pump relay, leaving only the oil
pressure switch to run the pump (some systems may vary, some material is not
suitable for younger viewers) My third guess is that the colant temp sensor
has lost it's calibration.

George quickly runs for cover to avoid bodily burns.

At 11:10 AM 4/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hope some one can help! I have an 88 Chevy Blazer. When the truck is
>cold, gas will just trickle from one of the fuel injectors, when I try
>to start her. BUT if I prime the carb with just a slash of gas she will
>fire right up,  and will usually restart the remainder of the day!
>
>I know I'm not a subscriber to your list but no one here seems to know
>what the problem is. Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Kate

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com