Some ALDL questions

Scott Feaver aa877 at hwcn.org
Sat Apr 12 05:54:18 GMT 1997

>Hey Scott,
>
>	Actually, according to the Buick Service manual I have, the following
>should be true
>
>All of these buick engines are from 1987
>
>Body  Engine Vin  Carb/xFI  Engine Size  Computer
>----  ----------  --------  -----------  --------
>G     Vin "A"     Carb      3.8L         CCC
>B&G   Vin "Y"     Carb      5.0L         CCC
>G     Vin "9"     Carb      5.0L         CCC
>A     Vin "A"     TBI       2.5L         P4
>J     Vin "1"     TBI       2.0L         P4
>J     Vin "K"     TBI       2.0L         P4
>N     Vin "N"     TBI       2.5L         P4
>J     Vin "M"     PBI       2.0L-Turbo   P4
>A     Vin "W"     PBI       2.8L         P4
>N     Vin "L"     PBI       3.0L         CCC
>A,C,H Vin "3"     PBI       3.8L         CCC
>G     Vin "7"     PBI       3.8L-Turbo   CCC
>E     Vin "3"     PBI       3.8L         P4
>
>Key
>---
>
>Series   Car
>------   ---
>   J     Skyhawk
>   N     Skylark/Somerset
>   A     Century
>   G     Regal
>   H     Le Sabre
>   B     Estate Wagon
>   C     Electra
>   E     Riveria
>

>What I'm trying to get at is that this was a transistion year.  I'm not
>sure however if 1985-1986 or 1988-1989 have similar circumstances.
>
>Hopefully once I get this working I will have a chance to start raiding
>all of my friends (and any enimies cars that I can sneak into for spite
>- heh heh, just kidding :)  ) ALDL connectors and be able to decipher
>the various data that comes from their cars.

I think that they were phasing out the CCC at around this time..  My 89
LeSabre (3.8L)
has a P4, 91 Sunbird (3.1L) has a P4, and 93 Safari (4.3L) has one as well.
 The CCC was from the early eighties wasn't it?

Just looked in the service manual for my old 1981 Lesabre, it had the C3.
Thats almost 18 years ago I bought that car.  That ECM leasted quite a
while, longer than I thought.

Scott