Injectors prices

Aron Travis atravis at spacey.net
Tue Apr 15 17:42:33 GMT 1997

Jennifer Rose wrote:
>         General question/ observation?  Thinking about buying 5.7 L
> injectors for my pu. While price shopping, noticed the ford injectors in
> JEG'S were $200 less expensive than accel for GM tpi. Both were set of 8 at
> roughly 24 lb/hr. Now I'm a chevy guy, but $200 is better off in my
> pocket(wife's). Just wondering if the injectors were interchangeable between
> brands. Does any one know ?

I know some Corvette guys use Ford Motorsport injectors, but I don't
know the details. The vettenet, a mailing list like this one, had some
discussion on this topic. The conclusion was that the Ford was better and
cheaper, and that many of the Chevy injectors were way overpriced.
A tough pill to swallow for many vette guys.
'Blueprinted' injectors were also thought to be of questionable value.
The vettenet has a home page with some technical stuff, there might be
a better answer there. If your web browser can't find vettenet, I can
look up the address for you.
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"