Lucas/Bosch Injector hole sizes

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Apr 16 11:28:02 GMT 1997

-> Someone told me to drill a .531 hole, but the O-ring won't fit.

 I've measured or read figures from .519 to .543.

 You need a fairly smooth finish to minimize the chance of tearing an
O-ring.  You can drill and ream, or drill and use a small grinder and
polishing wheel.  Kinsler recommends radiusing the mouth instead of
chamfering; Ford production rails are radiused.

 Don't drill all the way through - drill a 3/16 or so pilot hole
through, then drill in deep enough with the O-ring size to leave a .100
or so step so you can't push the injector all the way through the rail.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==