info

Mark Glicksman mglicksm at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Fri Apr 18 04:19:18 GMT 1997

Jennifer Rose wrote:

> Hi All
>
>         Nieghbor came over and wanted help on his 82 Camaro. Local shop told
> him that he need a esc module because timing didn't advance. Module is well
> over $100 at GM, only source. Check timing and found it advances with or
> without module attached. Main symtom appears to be idle varies widely. I
> suspected module is for retarding if pinging is sensed. Can anyone help ?
> The 82 has cross fire injection, all simple tune up items have been done.
> Car does pass smog test for calif.
>
> Thanks Vance

Hey Vance,

	Actually, another source for the part may be the local junk yard.  Your
could possibly get it for as low as $10.00 or maybe less.  I had to get
a VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) for my 1987 Buick Park Avenue, cost me
$8.00 for a $115.00 part new.  So hopefully you can get lucky.
Unfortunately, I do not have any Service Manuals from 1982.  If I come
accross some information on the ESC and related for 1982 I'll post it
here.

			VTY
			Mark Glicksman
			mglicksm at suffolk.lib.ny.us