Electromotive FI

Fred Miranda fcmtb at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 19 03:48:51 GMT 1997

At 10:12 PM 4/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 19:13 04/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Emotive, is the most difficult company to work with you have ever
>>encountered.  They will bragg about big deals with GM that did not
>>happen and tell you their system will do everything but kiss you good
>>night.  After they have your money, they will talk to you like a child
>>when you ask for a little customer service.  You would be better off
>>give your money to a good cause and join a S&M club.
>
>My experience has been otherwise.  They have an excellent product and they
>know it.  They can be a little eccentric and opinionated on the phone, but
>that's because they're usually right and they know it.
>
>Justin "Tuck" Cordesman
>SOLID BRASS-> Last of the Silver Screen Cowboys.

If they(eletromotive) are so god damn right all the time, why is it
they are now comming out with staged injection (as you posted earlier)
I remember talking to Alex(owner/founder, P.R. man extraodinar) who told
me there was neither a need for staging or a way transition it properly.
He claimed people would be blowing motors right and left.

They are just back peddling now and trying to catch up with the other efi
mfrs who have been making steady progress every year.

Also, they have a problem with the HC11 chips going out, for which they
charge $200 to repair! The guy at Haltech told me he charges something
like 50 bucks.

Fred