Radar Scrambling

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Tue Apr 22 14:35:41 GMT 1997

> From:          Geoff Watts <geoff at omen.com.au>
> To:            "diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu"
>                <diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject:       Radar Scrambling
> Date:          Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:07:22 -0000

> I know this is ludicrously off-topic, but the people in this
> newsgroup seem to know engineering, electronics and cars --
>
> does anyone have any good/bad experiences with any police radar
> scramblers?

There was one that worked, the Stealth something-or-other.  Stay away
from passive devices (what the majority are).  The stealth was an
active device with an FCC license.  How, you ask?  It wasn't
registered as a transmitting device, but as a computing device.
Computing devices are allowed to emit no more than "x" watts over a
wide frequency range.  The stealth was a computing device that
happened to emit all it's RF power budget in the vicinity of X and K
bands.  What a coincidence.  I use past tense here because I think
they're out of business these days.

--steve