Radar Scrambling

Walters Chris p23610 at gegpo6.geg.mot.com
Wed Apr 23 20:37:13 GMT 1997

>>Well, not exactly 'allowed to jam it legally'  (interfering with a law
>>enforcement officer, or something like that), but if you built a garage
door
>>opener that works off a 908nm beem of ir led, 20ns pulses at 1KHz, and
could
>>demonstrate that that was the primary purpose of your device, and it just
so
>>happen to jam lidar....
>>(specs from memory, I believe the wavelenght is around 900nm.  Have not
>>seen any solid state lasers in that range, though :-(

Those radar units do not use a tube laser, therefore they
must use a solid-state laser diode of some kind.

>that's interesting data .... where'd you get it and can
>you validate it?  Also, what makes one think sending out
>the signal won't just get you a ticket for doing 375 mph
>in a 55 mph zone ???

It'd be a simple matter of pointing out to the judge that your
car can't possibly go that fast so the radar-unit must've
malfunctioned. Case closed.

Rather than jamming lidar, which the cop would notice
when his display either went crazy or read zero as you blew
 past him, it'd be smarter to xmit back a signal that was a
percentage of your true speed. You're going 80 so set the
knob on your ECM box to 80% and the cop reads 65.

Snake (Mr. Electronic Counter-Measures)
TWO pretty cool Fords, one very cool Dodge