Oxygen sensor Q's/Alky notes

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
Thu Apr 24 03:07:09 GMT 1997

Running alcohol, I've noticed funny things about these... Do Oxy sensors
measure how near (far) you are from stoich, or ???.  It is nearly
impossible to run the Honda F2 engine in a lean condition; it just quits
(assuming that <.5V is lean), making it hard to get stoich right.

On the plus side, however, it seems to be much more difficult to
fuel-foul the plugs using alcohol.  I've run the engine rich for over 1/2
hour with no noticable change in deposits (where the gas woul create a
cake of carbon over the entire plug).

                Thor Johnson
          johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
     http://falcon.cs.mercer.edu/~johnsont