Single-cylinder motorcycle EFI questions

Kurt Bilinski kurt.bilinski at GAT.COM
Thu Apr 24 20:46:35 GMT 1997

Since I didn't hear anything on my EFI question... maybe it was that radar
theme...

I want to build a EFI system for a single-cylinder motorcycle: 400cc,
10krpm.  I would think using mass-airflow would be a little odd
(mechanically) for this application.  From what I read, air-speed, throttle
position, MAP, and a O2 sensor should(?) do it.

Am I missing something?  Am I wrong to write off the MAF sensor?

For a processor choice is the 8051 dumb?  HC11?  Since it is single
cylinder there's not That much to be doing.

Thanks,

Kurt