Radar jammer plans

Barrett Nicholas barrettn at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 24 22:34:57 GMT 1997

I've been behind in my diy-efi digest reading, so apologies in advance
for continuing what looks like a dead horse: In my opinion, the
easiest (notice I didn't say most legal) way to defeat radars is with
an active device - check out the Aug. '86 issue of Radio-Electronics
(now called "Electronics Now") - a 12 volt powered radar speed gun
"controller" - even built to turn on when another 12volt device
increases it's power consumption so the gunn diode doesn't overheat.
So I guess in theory, you could have your radar detector trigger it-
but that's only theory, of course, because as it states in the
article, "use should be restricted to laboratory use or for
educational, scientific, informational, or calibration purposes."  :)

enjoy!

Barrett Nicholas

P.S. - if anyone finds a source for the diodes & antennas for X, K, or
Ka at a reasonable price - I'd be interested. Strictly for
informational purposes, of course!