A toggle switch labeled, "EFI/carb"

LOCUST7 at aol.com LOCUST7 at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 02:50:18 GMT 1997

I liked your idea of using a Carb for a throttle body for a fuel injector
system. It seems like a good idea if you were to use a MAP sensor and mag
pickup from the crank. The fuel switchover should be a relatively simple
setup too. the only question is how the system would hold up being actuated
without any fuel. I know that mechanical fuel pumps are prone to failure if
they are actuated without fuel for some time. I wonder about the diapham in
the accelorator pump, or the leather or plastic piston type pump. Possibly a
simpler (highly questionable) solution might be a propane carb. Dual fuel is
common on these sytems and you get your throttle body and a fuel cutoff valve
and you have your system close to ready. The propane issue might be a problem
in some countries. But the idea is workable.