A toggle switch labeled, "EFI/carb"

Daniel Houlton tc75918 at hpr169.mdhc.mdc.com
Fri Apr 25 14:50:21 GMT 1997

LOCUST7 at aol.com wrote:

> I liked your idea of using a Carb for a throttle body for a fuel injector
> system. It seems like a good idea if you were to use a MAP sensor and mag
> pickup from the crank. The fuel switchover should be a relatively simple
> setup too. the only question is how the system would hold up being actuated
> without any fuel. I know that mechanical fuel pumps are prone to failure if
> they are actuated without fuel for some time. I wonder about the diapham in
> the accelorator pump, or the leather or plastic piston type pump. Possibly a

I assume you're talking about having two different pumps.  Standard mechanical
one for the carb and a high pressure electric one for the FI.  How much can
you regulate a high-pressure pump?  Is it possible to just skip the mech. pump
all together and use the electric pump with an adjustable regulator (or switch
between two different regulators).  Regulate at 50 psi or whatever you need
for FI, then switch to 8(?) psi for the carb.

--Dan