Digifant Chip Tables

Peter Rueb s68558 at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sat Apr 26 15:57:58 GMT 1997

Can Anyone help in localizing different maps of a g60 digifant eprom?
We have already converted 3 A1 to g60, if someone needs help on that! But
our newest project ist a mixture of a `83 A1 with only 10k km, a crashed
Rallye Golf and a 1.8l 16V engine. The result is clear: A1 with 16V/G60 and
4WD. We think a 16V engine has a different ignition curve than a 8V; also
the limiter of 6250rpm is a problem; and so we need to adjust this little
27C256 thing. We have already ordered an eprommer and an eprom simulator.
Until now i could only take a look at the dump of a normal g60 eprom and a
tuned g60 eprom. I think i already found some maps and curves. But i dont
know which one is which.
Here are some of my questions: Do i have to disassemble the program code in
the eprom to understand what is going on; is it hard to learn the chip ins
set? What sort of disassemble Software should i use? Or is it enough to
manipulate the tables? Why has the program code in the tuned chip some
different values? Did they optimize the code or did they have to make some
changes because of Bosch copyright? To identify which maps are used at the
moment can i watch the traffic to and from the eprom with my laptop and
some hardware?
VW Motosport does not tell electronic details about their golf 16V/G60 ltd.
They only sent us some plans for the mechanic modifications.
Some tuners offered their work; but only for some thousands of DM!
If this car prooves to be reliable i will manipulate my brothers VR6/4WD.
There are still two more garret t03 lying around. (Same problem with
Motronic!)

I don4t want all the work to be done for me! But i4d be happy if someone
can lead me on the way to avoid typical expensive mistakes.

Please email me directly!
Thanks, Peter

s68558 at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de