68HC11F1 questions

Wade T. Braden wbraden at ryker.itech.cup.edu
Mon Apr 28 23:18:39 GMT 1997

At 07:42 PM 4/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Okay, I really wanted to write about radar, but instead, I think I will
>pick something different. I am a student in an engineering technology
>program, specifically involvin vehicle design.  My background is
>mechanincal engineering tech. I started a bit of a propane/ methanol
>sidetrack discussion a while back.
>
>My situation is this:  I am thinking of trying, with considerable help,
>to build a simple efi controller for adding supplementary fuel
>(methanol)  to my engine during boost.  I am planing simple stuff, batch
>fire, with 4 injectors, a 0-2 bar MAP sensor, and firing the injectors
>only during boost and varying pulsewidth according to MAP.  I have access
>to free use of a 68HC11F1 board, with the extra battery backed RAM, I
>have 4 LM1949N injector driver ICs (peak and hold). I have acces to
>compilers for assembly and C, neither of which I know.  I can program
>BASIC sort of.  I will have help from professors and students.  Am I
>jumping in way over my head?
>
>ANy input suggestions, experiences, would be helpful.  Also does anyone
>know where I can get a 0-2 bar MAP sensor? Cheap? ANd what si the sort of
>output I get from it?  I can put it in a pressure vessel and map the MAP
>sensor, but I dont want to.
>
>Thanks in advance for the replies, hopefully many.
>
>Seth Alen

        if Motorola has the parts that you need they will sample them to the
University that you attend. here is the address and phone give them a call
and they will tell you what you have to do to get the samples.

	Motorola University Support
	Suite 111
	505 Barton Springs Rd.
	Austin, TX   78704

	(512) 505-8836

        they also have a fax but I do not have it right now.

	Wade T. Braden       Email:  wbraden at ryker.itech.cup.edu
        408 Burton Ave.      Web:  http://www.itech.cup.edu/~wbraden/
      Washington, PA 15301   Major:  Electrical Engineering Tecnology
        (412)222-8964    	      at California University of PA