GM ALDL codes & questions

Mark Glicksman mglicksm at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Tue Apr 29 03:59:55 GMT 1997

steve ravet wrote:

> > Now I am stuck and asking for your help.
> >
> > - Does anyone know how to get the ECM to send different parameter
> > sets? - Does anyone have access to ANY eprom/eeprom from an ECM that
> > uses the 8192 baud format? - Any ideas on how to get the ecm to dump
> > out its data?
>
> If you have access to either a scan tool or Diacom software, you
> could see what commands are being sent to the ECM.
>

> > Thanks for your help -Tom Hussey
> >

> --steve

Hey Tom,

	Currently I am building an ALDL to PC converter that was posted (by
many) people on this mailing list.  With these diagrams I hope to at
least get the data from the ALDL connector in a HEX format, them I will
convert the hex to numerical values and attempt to match these values to
service manual parameters.  At least for my car to start with.  If you
are interested in any of the diagrams or software that has been sent,
please let me know.

			VTY
			Mark Glicksman
			mglicksm at suffolk.lib.ny.us