Aftermarket 3-way cats

Rolf Ask Clausen rac at ingenioeren.dk
Tue Apr 29 13:52:38 GMT 1997

Hi,

I have been following the developments in the after market exhaust
cleaning technology field. It is evident now, that there are well
made systems available in Germany, which enables older cars to have a
controlled exhaust cleaning system mounted "on top" of the
carburettor system.

They all use a cat, an oxygen sensor, a temperature sensor and a
control box. The trick is to enrich the mixture passing through the
carburettor, via a bigger main jet, and add air to the intake via a
small sensor controlled valve so as to reach lambda equal to one.

One such maker is HJS and they claim test results which are very
good, very close to std. cat equipped cars.

My questions to this very good list of which I am a long time member:

Any experience with these systems? Can the claims stand
up? Other suppliers (from other countries) that does the same thing?

This is research for an article. Please answer privately to my
account if you want to save bandwidth and find the info unimportant
to this list.

Venlig hilsen (Yours)
Rolf Ask Clausen, BSc
Redaktionschef / managing editor
Ingenioren

Phone:(+45)31216810/3218 Fax:(+45)31216701.

Ingenioren, Skelbaekgade 4, PO.box 373, 1503 Kbh. V., Denmark

Ingenioeren (Engineering Weekly) is Denmarks #1 technical
journal. Our website is at http://www.ingenioeren.dk

See me at http://www.ingenioeren.dk/homepages/rolfclausen/
                                       sig. modified oct. 28.