G-Tech meter

Brad Sheridan sheridan at vanceandhines.com
Wed Apr 30 16:35:24 GMT 1997

>Has anyone heard of an aftermarket measurement device called a G-tech meter
>(at least that's what I think its called).  It's a small unit that sticks to
>your windscreen with a suction cup and plugs into the cigarette lighter
>socket for power.  It will give you g-forces, 1/4 mile time, HP rating and a
>few other things I think.  Someone in our car club bought one to try out and
>he said it was quite accurate, the HP reading was 2HP less than actual
>measurements from dyno testing.  His 1/4 mile times were also close to
>actual times.

 Its called the G-Tech Pro. As far as I know, the only sensor it has is the
accelerometer, and all values are calculated from that. There is a web site,
http://www.gtechpro.com
It looks interesting, but I'd really like to see the specs on the
accelerometer since that would be the best way to tell how accurate it is.
There are a few
people on the VW newsgroup who have them, some like it, others complained
about the errors caused by using it while driving on any sort of incline.

Brad