ecu voltage problem

S. Lastuka kicker at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 30 19:23:41 GMT 1997

We are using a 7805 1 amp voltage regulator.  We also tried a 1000 uF cap
between 12 volts and ground to no avail.  I am going to run over to the
ECU and analzye the ground situation since we had the computer
running the engine on a stand but as soon as it was in the car it
crapped out.  Other information: the regulator seems to put out 5 Volts
down to a 7-8 volt input.  The cmos in the 68hc11 will work down to 4 1/2
volts with little problem and can probably drop a bit below that
sometimes.
Sean