G-Tech meter

Shane Moseley smoseley at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 30 22:55:23 GMT 1997

Bruce Bowling wrote:

...stuff deleted...
> There are going to be off for many reasons. One big reason is that
> none of these systems perform any type of environmental correction,
> so trying to get any absolute numbers out will not work. For relative
> comparisons, they are O.K., as long as the test environments stay
> the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this device is just measuring the
acceleration of itself (the G-Tech meter & its chassis) relative to a
factory calibration (presumably while static).  Therefore it doesn't
matter what 'environment' it is in at any given time.  For example, it
will work in my hand while running as well as in my car while driving.
For that matter - in my spaceship while cruising through the stars
(read: not on earth!)  Its just simple physics: Force = Mass x
Acceleration.  The only other equation anyone needs to build such a
device is the definition of one horsepower.

Shane