This isn't an efi question but.....

Jeremy Fleming jeremy at dtc.net
Tue Aug 5 07:42:27 GMT 1997

On 04-Aug-97, Simon Quested wrote:
>Hi All
(snipped tenative calcs.)

>I'm thinking that an IHI RHB32 may do for the small one and a Garret
>T3 for the big one.

>Cheers

>Simon

Simon,

I'm assuming that you worked these required airflow numbers up from
"Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell.  I've been thinking about working
up a turbo kit for my rx-7, and that book is the first step.
I'm glad to hear that you like it- I'll put it on order down at the
bookstore.

I'm curious where you plan to source your turbos- If you are going
with brand new units, you might want to look into an Aerodyne Aerocharger.

I'm probably telling you about something that you are already aware of,
but Corky is using these variable vane turbos in his Miata kits sold
through Bell Engineering Group, Inc.  (If you do a search on BEGI, it
should pop up pretty readily).  Anyway, with the Aerocharger, he is
getting good low end response, as well as decent top end.  The example
torque curves he has posted are amazingly flat for a single turbo.

Anyway, just a thought.  Here in the middle of farmville, USA, I guess
you can find old turbos off of turbo diesels pretty readily.  Don't think
they'll be anywhere close to right for my car, but the idea is tantalizing.

Jeremy Fleming
jeremy at dtc.net