July "Hot Rod"

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Thu Aug 7 19:58:11 GMT 1997

Actually, I have had the opportunity to spend several hours with Steve
Cole of The Turbo Shop (Mastertune and Mastertune Pro)  The
Mastertune, at $299 allows one to change the mapping for a goodly
portion of ONE Memcal.  He delivers this one specific to a memcal you
send him (or the download of the memcal).  Notable absent from this
system is idle speed adjustments (not to bad if you know what to look
for and how to calculate them separately).  The Mastertune Pro, on the
other hand, does just about all functions on all the GM PROMS.
 Unfortunately, it cost $2500.  This is a little bit steep for the
weekend hobbiest.

Be on the lookout for an ALDL monitor system (Shades of Diacom) that
will hook up to your laptop.  Steve indicated that it will target the
$299 market.  The Pre-Beta I saw has all the functions and facility of
the Diacom Plus.  This one is due out any time now.  I understand that
it has been Beta testing for several months, now.

As for infomercial...I, for one, was pretty impressed with Steve's
effort (TTS).

Understand, though, that this package is not going to fix your problem
by itself.  You need to know the fundamentals of mapping.  As for
whether or not they are worth it, you will have to determine that for
yourself, understanding that they are the only games in town, that I
am aware of (ASM and TTS).