Adjusting Boost

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 23:48:23 GMT 1997

<< The people selling the EBC (or EVC) talk about an extra 50HP on
 my 435HP, .85Bar engine but I am skeptical.  Anybody do a controlled
 test with these?  I have talked to a guy who does some racing (pretty
 successful too) and he doesn't think much of EBC. >>

The reason for the increased power usually does not come with the wastegate
opening later (which in most cases it doesn't really do...) but with most
reliable electronic boost controllers, you are able to raise and maintain the
boost pressure...hence the increase in power. One thing is for sure though,
EBCs are way more reliable than most standard manual boost
controllers...which have a tendency of overboosting.

Van