SV: Adjusting Boost

Stefan Olsson stefan.olsson at bsrab.se
Sat Aug 9 14:44:31 GMT 1997

----------
> Fr=E5n: DemonTSi at aol.com
> Till: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> =C4mne: Re: Adjusting Boost
> Datum:  den 9 augusti 1997 14:06
>=20
> << > Would an electronic pressure bleed-off system (I'm thinking
specifically
>  > of the Saab APC) aid in preventing the spring from partially opening
>  > throughout the boost range?
> =20
>  	Hmm, good question....anyone else care to answer? I'm not sure. >>
>=20
> The Saab system basically just bled off excess boost through a pop off
> valve...if I remember correctly. So it had nothing to do with the exhau=
st
> wastegate at all.=20
>=20
> Van

Sorry Mr Van

Your memory is not up to date !!
The APC-system is connected as a bleed system on the hose for the
wastegate-actuator. Its designed to bleedout air that should go to the
wastegate-actuator if there is no pinging (knocks) from the knocksensor
there is also some other futures in the system  that will make the drivin=
smoth (without rapid change in boost)

For more info  heck this site
http://www.teleport.com/~bertram/volvoapc/apcfaq.html

Best Regards