Adjusting Boost

Bibiana Lim bibie at cyber-wizard.com
Sat Aug 9 15:11:32 GMT 1997

Hi Ed,

Thank You for your feedback.

You wrote:
>I'd recommend an electronic boost controller from the likes of GReddy,
>HKS, or A'pex. You can also run a mechanical boost controller using easy
>to access parts...there's a DIY setup in www.supras.com and I believe
Wow..lots of illustrative pics and how-to...great help here...need to read
further and focus on relevant ones.

>also in www.dsm.org. What these do is basically "fool" the wastegate
>into boosting sooner.
Yes...the writeup in DSM provided some interesting methods to make that
boost come sooner. I think I woud give it a shot...but the writeup
recommended that I get an aftermarket turbo-boost meter. Can you get those
from a used parts shop or one that is not as hefty as HKS?

Will let you know of the outcome...Thanks ED!

Bibie