Software for Chrysler

James Boughton boughton at bignet.net
Sun Aug 10 15:01:08 GMT 1997

Chrysler systems should read the codes out of the Check Engine
light if you turn the ignition on and off three times quickly without
starting the engine.  The light will flash the first number then the
second number of the code (i.e. a 12 will flash once, wait a second,
then flash two times).  This is Chryslers version of the blinkee codes
that you can get out of GM cars by jumpering pins A and B in the ALDL
then turning on the ignition.  If you get a code let me know and
I will see if I can tell you what it is for.  I need to know the model, engine,
and year.

Also, the blinkee codes are a general code and will typically only tell
you what system is being affected (e.g. ignition system or fuel system)
and won't tell you the exact code.

Jim Boughton
boughton at bignet.net