Too good to let go by

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Sun Aug 10 17:10:39 GMT 1997

Frank Piccolo wrote:

> A Friend of mine bought it for his firebird.  After cat went bad he let
> me dismantle it.  It out to be just a piezo speaker with a little pin
> hole to let air in to lean out the car.  In short, just junk.

So were his valves if he ran it that way very long. It defies
explanation why some magical device is accepted by normally thinking
individuals. If the only way his car got better mileage was to lean out
the car, why not just take your foot off the gas once in a while, and
stop leaving rubber to and from stop lights?

I know a heavy duty mechanic in charge of the mechanical shop at a mill
that thinks installing a magnetron out of a conventional oven into the
manifold will "energize" the gas charge and produce smaller droplets
resulting in greatly improved efficiency. Well maybe, but I wonder if it
will do grilled cheese too? I suspect you'd need a high energy maser to
do anything at all to the manifold charge, and one induced spark puts
the power stroke inside of the manifold. Everything blowed up good!!

Has nobody ever heard of volumetric efficiency? If you "vibrate"
something hard enough, it gets hot, hence micro-wave ovens work.
Unfortunately, hot + manifold charge = expansion of the mixture, and
less of a charge per volume of intake stroke. It's the same as taking
your foot off the gas.

Now if somebody came up with a means to create and store liquid metallic
hydrogen without visiting Jupiter...

Terry