fuel filter location

Tom Lanigan Tom.Lanigan at aura.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 16:36:27 GMT 1997

comments please

I am building a Westfield Kit (Lotus seven clone) with a Vauxhall
2 liter 16v xe engine. I have decided to go for after market throttle
bodies from QED in the UK they are quite nice because of the popularity
of this engine have been manufactured to bolt straight to the head
without a manifold.
My problem is one of space there is precious little of it at the back
where the tank is.  I can fit the fuel pump in line before the
transmission tunnel but the fuel filter is just too big. If I were to
fit this straight after the pump the pipe work would be a bit ugly :-(
There is however a lot more room for this bulky item if I were to plumb
it into the engine bay end. Is there a problem with this? most
production installations have the filter very close to the pump..
Also when going from metal pipe to flexible hose would a jubilee clip on
its own be good enough or would some type of flanging or crimp be
needed.

Tom Lanigan