Treatise on intake systems

James Boughton boughton at bignet.net
Wed Aug 13 02:28:12 GMT 1997

I'm sorry about using g for gamma, but I don't have a gamma
on my keyboard and g looked like the closest thing:-)  I guess
I should have explained myself, sorry!

According to table D.1 of Heywood's "Internal Combustion
Engine Fundamentals" gamma does change with temperature,
however, you are correct regarding the gas constant which
does not.  I guess that is why they call it a constant:-)  I was
noting that the specific heats change with temperature and
wasn't thinking.  Again, sorry!

Thank you for the corrections.

Jim Boughton
boughton at bignet.net