Reality of Fuel Consumption

Rob Lloyd rclloyd at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 13 13:09:18 GMT 1997

> by any measure.  As for 100MPG cars, they are going to be itty bitty tiny
> things
> unless someone figures out a good way around the laws of thermodynamics.
I'm
> definitely not going to hold my breath waiting on that on!  Now me, I
> personally
> would like to see a vehicle that ran on the background cosmic energy!
That
> would
> be interesting!
>
> Clint
>
> PS:  Sorry folks, just couldn't help but add my $0.01 worth.

Actually, aren't there cars which get more 1000mpg? I think they're called
supermileage(a university competition...). These "cars" resemble a bicycle
with bodywork more than cars. They average about 12 mph, and take _hours_
to acceleate to top speed.The one that I read about had a 50cc 6-stroke
engine built specially by Honda. That's right 6-stroke. Don't ask me I have
no idea...

Rob Lloyd