EFI stuff, (so I don't get kicked off the list)

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Thu Aug 14 01:56:34 GMT 1997

I have looked at diesels, TBI, TPI, and every other FI'ing  system, and
one thing strikes me as apparent. Everybody is trying to do the same
thing a different way.
I propose that, (and I won't even mention Occam), oop's, it slipped out,
that there is a fundamental assumption being made, that one part of the
problem, ie. fuel delivery, mixture, & burn, is being addressed the same
way, focussing on the fuel side.
Why is the "air" charge not being highly compressed into the fuel
charge, (like Coke, a fizzy thing), and then delivered during the power
stroke, resulting in "cooled" burn, more precise air/fuel ratio
independent of altitude, elimination of the intake manifold, return of
the "compression heat" to the fuel charge, and generally doing to the
air flow what is being done to the fuel flow, that is generically
speaking, converting it from an anolog process to a digital one?

Terry