Aftermarket ECU

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Fri Aug 15 00:22:31 GMT 1997

Wilkrod at aol.com wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am planning a EFI conversion on my 86 Lotus Turbo Esprit. The factory
> system is the Bosh CIS type. I am going to full sequential with ignition
> control.
>
> My question to the group is: I am planning on using a Haltech E6a ECU, and
> would like to know if anyone has experience with this controller. I am
> looking for comments either positive or negative.

I have set up a Haltec E6a or two, and they are a great system. But, at
least back when I did them, they were not sequential injection. Maybe
they are now, I haven't done anything with them for a while. I will say
that they are hard to beat for getting them setup and also for the range
of engine applications that they can be made to work with. I suspect if
they have a new one on the way, it would be sequential.

-j-