EGR spark offset

James Boughton boughton at bignet.net
Fri Aug 15 13:06:57 GMT 1997

Well, I promised to get some information for somebody
on EGR spark offset (I think it was Tom Cloud?).  Anyhow,
after receiving very little useful information from a friend
at an OEM we basically cam to the conclusion that you
should take out about 5 degrees of vacuum advance.  This
is just an estimate.  I would certainly make sure that I got the
best performance possible at WOT and then retarded spark
with the vacuum advance until I knew there was no knocking.
You shouldn't be getting into the vacuum advance at WOT.

Well that's my thought for the day.  I'm going back to bed.

Jim Boughton
boughton at bignet.net