EGR spark offset

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 15 14:28:26 GMT 1997

At 09:02 AM 8/15/97, James Boughton <boughton at bignet.net> wrote:

>Well, I promised to get some information for somebody
>on EGR spark offset (I think it was Tom Cloud?).  Anyhow,

yep, t'was me ...

>after receiving very little useful information from a friend
>at an OEM we basically cam to the conclusion that you
>should take out about 5 degrees of vacuum advance.  This
>is just an estimate.  I would certainly make sure that I got the
>best performance possible at WOT and then retarded spark
>with the vacuum advance until I knew there was no knocking.
>You shouldn't be getting into the vacuum advance at WOT.
>
>Well that's my thought for the day.  I'm going back to bed.
>
>Jim Boughton
>boughton at bignet.net

I'se been gone / outa pocket / busy and had a bunch of
mail stacked up "to-be-read" (trying to wade through it
now) and found this interesting URL Jim Hurd posted the
following URL to the BigBronco list in June:

  For everything you want to know about EGR, go to

        http://www.motorage.com/arc1261.htm

it covers EGR in some detail

thanks,
Tom Cloud