Clicking in 89 Mazda 323...

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
Tue Aug 19 12:35:41 GMT 1997

Hmm. this might not be the right place for it, so respond privately if
you think it is more appropriate.

I just got a Mazda 323 (1.6l port FI), and it clicks.... I am thinking
that it is a distorted ping/knock cuz it doesn't do it if I use "el
supre" gas (93+oct boost), but will do it loaded uphill, AC and low test gas.

Does the Mazda EFI control timing, or can I adjust it (grr.  A/C unit is
mounted infront of the marks) without any problems?

Whattype EFI is on this car and waht does it control (thinking about
rolling another 68hc11 EFI unit and putting it in... but need to know
that functionality I am replacing first).

                Thor Johnson
          johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
     http://falcon.cs.mercer.edu/~johnsont

         Have you seen the WarpMap lately?