pintle vs. disc injector types

Jeffrey Engel jengel at fastlane.net
Fri Aug 22 02:42:40 GMT 1997

I don't think outside pressure would affect it.  The systems I am
aware of reference the FPR to the intake manifold, so:

Fuel pressure is:              P1 + Constant (about 30-41 psi) and P1
                                                       is the pressure inside the intake

the pressure at the end of the injector is: P1 (minus a bit due to
                                                                    air flow resistance.
                                                              Maybe a max of 1-3inHg)

Keeping a constant pressure differential across the injector allows the
computer to assume a fairly constant mass/time(open).  It could work
the other way as well, but it would take a lot more tuning.

je
jengel at fastlane.net

     "I can resist anything but temptation"
                                  Mark Twain