For REALLY good injection, check this out

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Sun Aug 24 15:01:54 GMT 1997

Dah - dere is a more saturated fuel available - its
called M85 or Methanol.  Now time for basic chemistry.

The more oxygen a fuel contains - the lower the power
density of the fuel, and the more of the fuel you have to
burn to make the same level of power.  Your flipping magnets
electromagnetic spectrum analopticytous whacko fantasy's
aside, thats reality.

And since the oxygenation of fuel is NOT for POWER nor for
MILEAGE nor to make CARBS work better, but is for a cheap ass
way of reducing certain emissions in ALL engines and causes
an INCREASE in other type emissions, more is not BETTER!

By the way, NOX is related to combustion TEMP, of which ethers
and alcohol's tend to lower because they have LESS energy, but the
prime purpose is they raise the OCTANE CHEAPER than most
other additives with two nice side effects - the HC's do get lowered
and the ENERGY NAZIS love it.  Side effects include increased
formaldehyde outputs and radically increased evaporation HC's -
dats why it can only be used during winter.

And Terry and others - might I suggest reading the "Exhaustive Gasoline
FAQ" parts 1 to 4 posted and made available numerous places on the net.
This will explain many of your fuel questions with enough provable theory
so that you don't get snake oiled or side tracked into fantasy land.

Final note.  Diesel fuel contains ZERO oxygenates, ZERO alcohol's or ethers
and is as close to liquid COAL (straight carbon) as can be made and meet
other requirements.  The ENERGY in a fuel is very closely related to the
amount of carbon available to combine with oxygen, and pre-combining
oxygen  in effect pre-burns that portion of the fuel.  Sorry - no plasmaizing
puke yellow page magic today boys.  Further, comparing gasoline to diesel
requiring special fuels ain't in the realm of reality.  It took Fuel Injection
about
70 plus years to equal a properly tuned high performance carb such as a
Weber.  Further, after the fuel and air are mixed, there is NO Difference in
combustion - so mixing a special fuel for one or the other is right up there
with SLICK 50 and the POGUE carburetor and the fuel line magnet.  Regional
differences in temp, altitude, humidity etc swamp any difference blending
special fuels would make with todays STREET state of the art and would
be POLITICAL suicide.

Just my not so humble opinion which is probably wrong anyway.  Read
the FAQ please before fueling my asbestos panty liners.

"When some one gets something for nothing -
             some one else gets nothing for something "

If the first ingredient ain't Habanero, then the rest don't matter.
Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>