BOSCH stuff

Michael McBroom bodhi at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 24 16:28:07 GMT 1997

Steve Meade wrote:

>         I'm a bit curious, I remember your posts a while back about your
> adaptation of the Saab boost control system and I was wondering, is your
> 745 faster than your 765?

Lots faster.  But then it was faster before I installed the Saab APC,
which is kind of curious.  There are a few differences between the two
cars, other than type and year model.  The 745T has the M46+OD, the 765T
has the AW71.  The 745T had no functioning auxiliary boost control prior
to installing the APC, while the 765T has the Turbo+ kit.  The 745T has
the Garrett T3 turbo while the 765T has the Mitsubishi unit.  Prior to
installing the APC on the 745T, its 0-60 times were roughly 1 second
quicker than the 765T.  I honestly don't know whether this can be
attributed mostly to the AW71 in the 765T, or if there are perhaps
other, more subtle areas that need attention on that car.  Seems to me
that, even with the AW71, because it has the Turbo+ kit, it should be at
least as fast as a 160hp 745T w/stick.

> I must thank you for something else entirely; a
> month ago I went out and bought a new camera. I traded in my old (and very
> heavy) Minolta XG-1 and lenses and hardly had to pay very much at all for
> the new camera. I noticed the guy pulled out your book when looking up
> prices.

:)  Does my heart good.

--
Best,

Michael McBroom

'87 745T 123k w/APC                 Visit the Volvo Performance Site:
'88 765T 156k                           http://mcbrooms.com/volvo

Graduate Student, Linguistics                         Author of
Research Interest: Biological Origins       =McBroom's Camera Bluebook=
of Language                                     http://mcbrooms.com
California State University, Fullerton