For REALLY good injection, check this out

jb24 at chrysler.com jb24 at chrysler.com
Mon Aug 25 20:10:56 GMT 1997

>>One element that nobody seems to pay much attention to is the fact
that
roughly 80% of the air component is nitrogen, and does absolutely
bupkiss, except pollute the crap out of everything. Being a diver, I'm
acutely aware of nitrogen saturation of tissue under pressure, and the
effect that compression has on the partial pressures of the various
gasses. I suppose the so called "oxygenation" of fuel has some merit,
but it's still a concept trying to formulate fuel to fit both carbed,
and injected engines. That's just plain stupid. If the gas companies
want to get on the boat, why not formulate a fuel specifically for
injected engines, (like diesel is), and make a serious attempt to
saturate the fuel with oxygen, so that the intake air stream is reduced.
Hell, they could even get into agriculture, and use the oxygen given off
by plants as the source by tapping the enriched air of the massive acres
of greenhouses popping up everywhere. I have no idea what sort of oxygen
absorption a particular liquid hydro-carbon has, (pressure dependant,
among other things), but getting even a small amount of the nitrogen out
of the process in favour of oxygen has big leverage on combustion and
power efficiency, as does recovering lost heat, and moving heat out of
the intake charge.<<

Only problem is fuel costs - and the density of the oxygenated
supplements (both generally higher).

John Bucknell