injection timing

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at scarlet.buffalostate.edu
Wed Aug 27 13:55:48 GMT 1997

>   You're getting smooth idle at 300 rpm? And good off idle response? My 8V
> Scirocco with CIS had good response, most 16Vs that I've driven, or talked
> to the owners of, don't seem to have nearly as good response as the 8Vs.
> But I don't recall it idling down anywhere near to 300 rpm smoothly.

Its weird, I admit it,  IT might be due to the mass of the flywheel, but I
don't have the specs of a VW or audi,s to compare their weight.  Its kinds
funny thought to just watch the camshaft turn over that slow ( 150
rpm's..) The idle is "smooth" sounding,  thought the motion is rather
pulse-ish, from the combustion,  but the engine isn't shaking.
the 8 valve 924 engine is and impressive piece.  Its ironic to me that the
extremely simple CIS system gives such a smooth running system.

Dave