Microcontrollers used in OEM systems

Michael T. Kasimirsky mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 27 14:08:58 GMT 1997

Hey everyone,

I realize this isn't really a "true" DIY-EFI question, but I'm hoping
someone out there with experience digging into OEM systems can give me
some help.  Does anyone know what GM and Ford use for "brains" in their
engine management hardware?

I'm trying to talk my boss into letting me attend a few microprocessor
classes and the classes use Motorola 6811 microcontrollers.  It would help
the arguement if Ford, and particularly GM, used a variant of this puppy
in their systems.  Email please, since I don't think the general list
will be interested in the answer to this one.  Thanks in advance for the
help and I apologise for the wasted bandwidth.

Michael T. Kasimirsky       ---->              mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Days:    Staff Engineer                     or mk4u at andrew.cmu.edu
         ASTM Test Monitoring Center           Phi Gamma Delta,
Nights:  1992 Suzuki GSX-R750 Pilot            NRA Life Member, AMA Member
         1990 Yamaha FZR400 Superbike Racer    DoD #1848
         1991 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit Mechanic    WERA Provisional Novice #753