Microcontrollers used in OEM systems

Matt Sale mds at mot.delcoelect.com
Wed Aug 27 18:49:43 GMT 1997

> On this note, anybody ever figured out what some of the registers in
> the HC11 at $1040 and above are used for? How about those regs at,
> say, $1001 or $1006 etc that are mysteriously labelled "reserved"
> in the data sheets. Are these register locations left to the
> discretion of the Delcos and the NDs of the world to do as they
> please or is there a universal functionality associated with them?

Depends on the hc11 derivative.  Each derivative has its own
memory map (A8, F1, K4, E9, ...).  "Reserved" generally means
unimplemented.  If you try to read one,
you might get $FF, or you might get an address back, depending
on the addressing mode & what was last driven on the internal
data bus.

And yes, there are application specific hc11 derivatives that
are not available on the general market.

--
Matthew D. Sale,  IC Development Engineer, Delco Electronics Corp.
msale at iquest.net   http://www.iquest.net/~msale

All responses are my own and should not be mistaken
for those of Delco Electronics or General Motors.