Backpressure and torque

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Aug 28 15:31:20 GMT 1997

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:16:39 -0400, James Boughton <boughton at bignet.net>
wrote:

>For an excellent reference on this subject try "The
>Scientific Design of Exhaust and Intake Systems."
>All of my belongings are in boxes from moving so
>I don't remember the author, but it is worth reading.
>
>Jim Boughton

Thank you soooo much, Jim, for posting this info. References in this
area are scarce as hen's teeth.

Could it be:
			Scientific Design of Exhaust & Intake Systems
                    by John C. Morrison, Philip Hubert Smith

                    3rd Edition=20
                    Paperback, 274 pages
                    Published by Robert Bentley, 1972
                    ISBN: 0837603099
I looked it up on www.amazon.com , a GREAT place to order books over the
net, if anyone wasn't aware of them.
                    List: $22.95 ~ Our Price: $18.36=20
                    Availability: Usually ships within 2-3 days.

Also, they have a "review" piece appended to this book's entry, which
may point to some other good resources as well. Anyone care to comment
on the other stuff this "reviewer" mentions below?:

"This book is one of only a few in this field, and for that reason, it
is worth reading. it is however showing signs of age, and doesn't
provide a lot of hands-on info for those who want to modify their
own engines. As a starting point, I would recommend AG Bell's
books or Dalton's "Practical gas flow" if your interests are in this
area."  [end of quote]

Garfield

Also, if anyone can recommend a good read on Cam design, I'd sure
appreciate it.