Renault FI?

Paul Witek zagato at evansville.net
Thu Aug 28 20:00:26 GMT 1997

Hey gang-

  So, I'm in the u-pull salvage yard, pulling Bosch bits off of various cars
for dirt cheap (Weber throttle body - $10 - woohoo!) when I come across a
Renault Medallion.  Now, most of the Renaults I've seen either have a TBI
system or Bosch L-Jet, but this one had a funky cast cover over the a/f
meter that read "Injection Renault".  It was definitely a MPI system -
anyone know what the specs are on it?  Is it a derivative of something else?
For the curious, I'm currently in the process of gathering bits to adapt a
Bosch L-Jetronic system from a California-spec Renault Alliance 1.4 liter to
my 1962 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.3 liter.  The beauty part is that the nice
Weber throttle body drops right into place on the stock intake manifold, a
direct replacement for the stock Solex downdraft.  Now I just need to figure
out how to modify the manifold for the injectors....

Paul Witek

zagato at evansville.net
Shemp Mo-Din Italian Motorsports
http://www.evansville.net/~zagato