Tuning Book List

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Fri Aug 29 20:52:54 GMT 1997

-> Personally, I think that any book that passes itself off as a design
-> of intake and exhaust systems should at least include a chapter on
-> simulation.
-> What with all the 266 to 300 MHz Pentiums floating around, I don't
-> think computing time is an issue.  NASA has free or nearly free code
-> that deals with
-> fluid mechanics in ducts.

 If it was normal flow in ducts we'd have it made.  We're talking about
bending the flow 60 to 90 degrees in a short radius and spreading it out
around a poppet valve.  That's just intake port flow; start expanding
your model and you add orders of magnitude to the complexity.