injector bosses

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sat Aug 30 03:42:34 GMT 1997

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 21:50:15 GMT, garfield at pilgrimhouse.com (Garfield)
wrote:

>OTOH, it's not THAT hard to find higher temp epoxies. What you want is
>an epoxy you heat to around 200degF to cure, and it will have a Tg
>around 300-350degF. Ciba Adhesives makes a couple; I'll try and track
>down part numbers and suppliers for for the list. OK?

OK, that wasn't as bad as I expected; heh, only took me 2 whole bloody
hours on the phone; sheesh, I hope you guys appreciate this.

Oh alright, enough whining.

Ciba Adhesives (part of Ciba-Giegy)

Epibond 1567-A/B40
Nom. Serv. Temp. 350degF if use the 150degF cure.
100:73 two-part semi-paste thixotropic, working time 20min, (thixotropic
means it doesn't run or sag on you...perfect...just what you want)
Cure schedule: 5days Room temp OR 1HR at 150degF
Packaging: 50mL "Accumix cartridges", sorta like a double-barrel
syringe.
Price: $12.54 ea. cartridge  (note: 50mL probably enough to do several
heads worth).
BTW, this stuff is made primarily for Boeing.

Ciba Adhesive: 800-367-8793
Last I bought from them, they had a minimum of $100, but they can also
give you a list of distributors; but beware, the distributors may want a
minimum of 10 cartridges, anyways. Hey, if you can't get just one, lemme
know and we'll do a group buy of ten. No problemo, I can do that meself
if enough (10) folks are interested.

Garfield