injector bosses

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sat Aug 30 06:09:16 GMT 1997

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 21:50:15 GMT, garfield at pilgrimhouse.com (Garfield)
wrote:

>but "high temp epoxy adhesives" especially the
>aluminum-filled varieties, would be ideal.

OK, I posted a source for some high temp stuff in another post, but I
thought I should clarify something that I noticed a couple of ya are
assuming I meant. The fact that an epoxy is alum-filled doesn't of
itself mean that the epoxy is high temp. There are lots of lower Tg
epoxies that are alum-filled (which does help them to carry heat without
as high a temp rise, if the epoxy is in the heat path). What I meant by
the above, is that IF you start out with a high temp epoxy, that would
work good in this application, and IF you could IN ADDITION find one
that was alum-filled that would of course be even better. Clearer now?

The alum-filling just makes the epoxy more physically stable (kinda like
a course matrix of alum bonded with vewy vewy thin layers of epoxy) AND
more thermally conductive, so if you have a hot part (a head) and a cool
part (an injector, hopefully cool) then the epoxy's thermal conductivity
helps it to not get so hot as heat is conducting from the head to the
injector.

Oh, you knew that's what I meant already? Well, then what did you read
this for then, silly.  8)

Garfield