injector bosses

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Sat Aug 30 20:48:53 GMT 1997

Just get a few sticks of aluminum brazing rod and zap them in. Not enough
heat to warp the manifold, the melting point is high enough to withstand
anything the engine is going to survive, it's simple to use, and not overly
expensive. I got mine from Marelle Sales, PO Box 24120 Whitby, Ont. L1N 8X8
Phone 905 430-3811. Something like $45 canadian per lb. I have used it to
put together a bike rack for my camper trailer, and canoe rack for my
Aerostar and it has held up well. It is called 3.4.1 ideal rod. Published
specs are 6,600 lb elastic limit, 33,000 elastic limit per sqare inch, 7800
lb maximum load, and 39000 lb/sq in tensile strength.Brinell hardness @500
kg is 100. Brinell hardness @3000kg is 111. Melting range is 715 to 735 F,
and no flux is required. I do not know or care what its composition is, it
works.>