valve needed

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Sun Aug 31 16:15:31 GMT 1997

 The Bosch CIS with Lambda uses a duty valve in the fuel return line (very
much like an EFI injector) to control lower chamber pressure separate from
injection system pressure, by bleeding fuel back to the tank. Lower control
(lower chamber) pressure translates to higher injection volume. Failure of
this device would cause lean condition, unless it failed in the open (stuck)
mode.

The later (K-E Jetronic) version uses a balance valve, which is NOT pwm
controlled but a basic moving coil type analog device, to vary the pressure.
This unit also has an aluminum fuel distributor housing, rather than the
cast iron. It is used on the FOX, made in Brazil and imported to north
america for several years - as well as other models I have not yet identified.

This would be my first choice, if I can aquire one at a reasonable cost in
the near future.