leaded fuel/ o2 sensors

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Sun Aug 31 23:58:19 GMT 1997

> In the land downunder they are still using leaded fuel. With this
> statement comes the question what type of o2 sensor is being used??
> second part can we get them in the states??

Minor correction here.. Have been using unleaded since 1986.
All of the pre-86 EFI cars here would probably only be L-Jet (except
maybe a few BMWs/Mercs) - no O2 sensor on those.

Heated O2 sensors have a bit of a longer lifespan, but would only want
to use them for a day or so I'd say. No doubt there are some expensive
lead tolerant devices out there, but it would be cheaper to use standard
production items.

Cheers,
Craig.
http://www.3rotor.com/rotary